to write a Covering Letter and Attach Your CV via email.
Applications, e.g. www.getmeacooljob.com:
Find a job you wish to apply for.
Click on “Apply”.
Fill the boxes that apply, e.g. your e-mail address.
To Attach Your CV / Covering Letter:
Usually: Click on “Browse” next to the appropriate
box, e.g. “Upload your CV”
Find your CV at the location where you saved it.
e.g. if on your memory stick:
Click on button with: symbol opposite “Look in” at
top of “File Upload” window.
Click on your memory stick – usually drive E:
Find your CV on your memory stick and click on “Open”
to attach your CV to your application.
Attach your letter, if saved on your memory stick, in a similar
If you need to send text only from a letter (instead of attaching
a letter file, e.g. to send in an e-mail):
· Open your letter in MS Word.
· Highlight the text in your letter that you want to send,
using the mouse.
· Alternatively: highlight all text in your letter, by
pressing — on the keyboard (i.e. “Control” –
· Once you’ve highlighted the text you want, press
— (to Copy).
· Open a new message in your e-mail programme (e.g. Hotmail).
OR: Go back to the web page where you want to send text.
· Click in the “box” where you want to copy
· Press — to Paste your copied text into the e-mail,
or sending box.